Monday, April 19, 2010

Full Screen Problems

My group, Paul and I, have finished working on our gauge project and are now working on a billboard for the upcoming kukuicup competition with two other gadget group members, Kendyll and Edward. This billboard will be displayed on a screen within the eating area of UH campus during the kukuicup competition. We have decided to make this billboard using HTML, CSS, and Javascript.

This week Paul and I did the mockups for the billboards. These mockups can be found at our project hosting site in the images folder in the wiki page.

Since the we will be showing the billboard using HTML, we need to have the browser have a nice full screen so we tested out some pages in full screen to see how it looks. While looking at the full screen of the Chrome browser, I saw that there were boarders around the edges of the screen. It turns out that these boarders only show up on Windows 7 when trying to view a page in full screen. These boarders show up because of Windows 7's default glass theme, which allows the user to see a blurred view of what's behind the window. To fix this, all I had to do was change the default theme to something else and it was fixed. But I liked my theme so I decided to try to find another browser to test the billboard.

Next I decided to use Mozilla Firefox. This browser also has a problem with the full screen capability as it was setup to always have a small boarder at the top of the screen that shows the menu when it is scrolled over. Luckily this problem has been experienced by many others and someone already made an add-on that fixes this problem. The add-on is called 'Full Fullscreen' and can be found here. Once installed, all I had to do was change the options of the add-on by checking the 'Hide tab bar' option in the add-on's option menu.

My new group's project site can be found here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment